As companies scrutinize their energy use, the conversation often focuses on the cost of power, without considering other significant energy variables that could create unforeseen costs and risks, such as:
- Reliability: Can the system maintain the needed uptime? This is particularly important to data centers and other mission-critical activities.
- Capacity: Does the utility presently have the ability to supply the amount of energy required? If not, will there be time to plan and build out the necessary infrastructure?
- Costs: Beyond the standard metric - average cost per kilowatt hour – are a host of other expenses. How much will it cost to install the infrastructure needed to get power to a site? What will be required to provide duplicate service? What would be the expense to ensure adequate reserved capacity (for unusual load profiles or expansion requirements)?
Through our Sugarloaf Associates ™ energy services affiliate, BLS & Co. offers a broad spectrum of energy procurement and assessment services that can be integrated into any phase of a corporate relocation or expansion project. Our team has over 100 years of combined experience in the utility industry, giving us a deep understanding of utility issues, methods, technologies, infrastructure and costs.
Our energy services include:
- Mission Critical Facilities
- Utility Location and Infrastructure Assessment
- Solar and Renewables